Running is an awesome cardio and endurance activity, but aspects of its movement create wear and tear on and imbalances in the body that over time lead to injury.
Why Running Takes a Toll
Running requires you to perform the same movement over and over and leads to the over development of certain muscle groups. Runners also endure constant impact and their quadriceps become more developed than the hamstrings and the low back becomes stronger than the core. As a result, runners will often develop unilateral weaknesses which can result in injury. Weak abdominal and gluteus muscles lead to breaks in running form and injury.
Lagree Fitness to the Rescue!
Lagree Fitness is a comprehensive training method that effectively combines strength and core training, endurance, cardio, balance and flexibility in every single exercise. By design, Lagree Fitness works to promote balance throughout the body.
9 Ways that Lagree Fitness Will Make You a Stronger and Safer Runner
- You’ll enhance running form by developing strength in smaller supporting muscles
- You’ll work muscles in all planes, not just in forward propulsion
- You’ll build stronger running support system to protect knees, hips and lower back
- By lengthening and strengthening muscles, you’ll reduce injury and improve power
- You’ll increase flexibility and strength without adding bulk
- By retraining core muscles to work synergistically, you’ll boost running efficiency
- You’ll reduce the impact of running on the lower back with increased core strength
- By improving alignment and balance, you’ll distribute running force throughout your body more efficiently, instead of forcing the task onto only a few muscles
- You’ll facilitate easier breathing during running by improving posture and core strength
Can you accomplish all of these things with Pilates, strength training, yoga, etc.?
Yes, of course you can. But why would you?
The big benefit of Lagree Fitness is that you can do it all simultaneously – in one intense, effective 50-minute class.
Which leaves you more time for … running!
Book your first Lagree Fitness class at Firebrand here.