- How do I purchase classes?
- Use our app. It’s available for download for iPhone and Android. Pay, book and cancel classes on-the-go, manage your waitlist, earn rewards and more! Our classes fill up fast, so it’s always best to reserve ahead of time so you don’t end up waitlisted.
- The class I want is full. Now what?
- Add yourself to the waitlist. Firebrands make schedule changes and cancel classes throughout the week. As class spots open, we release them to the waitlist. But the waitlist goes away 8-hours before class, so be sure to check our online schedule to grab last-minute openings in class.
- How often should I take class?
- At Firebrand, our classes have one thing in common: We hit it all, hard, every time. Because they’re so dang effective, we don’t recommend taking classes more than 5 times per week.
Special Considerations for Lagree Fitness.
One of the uniquely amazing things about the Lagree Fitness method is that it effectively combines strength training, cardio, endurance, core, balance and flexibility in every exercise. This means that you can rely on it as your main source of fitness! You will get in the best shape of your life by taking class 3-4 times per week.
When you are supplementing your existing routine with Lagree Fitness, we recommend 1-2 classes per week to maintain the neuromuscular connections that build your strength, endurance, balance and flexibility. If you only drop-in every once in a while, you will be starting from scratch every time.
On the flip side, if you take 5 or more Lagree Fitness classes a week, you will plateau and your results will plummet. It’s because when we work your muscles to fatigue, your body needs to rest to rebuild stronger and leaner. Overtraining doesn’t just kill your results, it also wreaks havoc on your body – leaving you feeling tired and more susceptible to injury and sickness. Take your rest as seriously as you take your training!
Adding a few of our Urban Row, Full Tilt Cycling or FireBarre classes is a great way to add variety to your Lagree Fitness routine.
- Should I eat before or after class?
- Both. We recommend a light snack 30 minutes before your workout (think: fruit or nuts). Eating before your workout keeps your energy level high and signals your body to burn fat – not muscle – for fuel. After class, we suggest you eat protein within 45 minutes of class to support muscle recovery. And don’t forget to hydrate before, during and after class!
We’ve got you covered with a purified water bottle filling station and we also sell bottled water and healthy grab-and-go snacks. We also offer fresh pressed Portland Juice Company juices and nut milks for sale at their kiosk in our lobby.
- What do I wear and what do I bring to class?
- Bring a towel and a water bottle (no glass) and wear form-fitting, comfortable workout clothes. If you’re taking a Lagree Fitness or FireBarre class, we require socks with grips for safety and sanitary reasons. We sell them at the studio and they’re just $15 on your first visit. Sneakers are the norm in our Urban Row and Full Tilt Cycling classes (although our bikes also are SPD clip compatible for cycling shoes). We ask that you leave your jewelry (rings, necklaces, bracelets) at home or in the lockers, as they damage our equipment. Please also leave the strong perfumes and scents for after class, as some clients are allergic. We do not provide towels, so please bring one (or more if you are planning to shower). We offer small towels for sale.
- How early should I arrive for class?
- First class? You must arrive at the studio 15 minutes prior to scheduled class time so you can check in, complete a waiver, get oriented and meet your instructor who will give you an orientation and ask about injuries or other concerns prior to class. If you come less than 10 minutes before class, your instructor may not have adequate time to orient you and you may be turned away. The class will be credited back to your account to reschedule for another time.
Firebrand regular? Sign in at the front desk before class starts. If you arrive more than 5 minutes late, your space may be given to someone who is waiting.
- Do you have lockers?
- Yes. Our lockers have coded locks, so no need to bring a clunky lock. For safety reasons, we do not permit anything other than you, your towel and water bottle in the class studios. We ask that you use the lockers.
- Are there showers?
- We have one shower, stocked with soap, shampoo, conditioner and other essentials. You will need to provide your own towel. We also have private changing rooms and restrooms for quick clothes changes.
- Do you have childcare?
- Not on-site. For our Pearl District studio, we are partnered with WeVillage, located just a few blocks down Glisan. Firebrand members receive 1.5 hours of childcare for $10 for ages 6 weeks to 2 years and $8 for ages 3-12. Additional time is charged at WeVillage’s standard rates. Pick up a validation card upon drop-off at WeVillage and present it to Firebrand for validation. It’s easy! We highly recommend you reserve a space for your child in advance. All booking is direct with WeVillage.
- Can I take class if I am pregnant?
- If you are pregnant, please consult with your doctor before taking any classes at Firebrand and continue to monitor during the duration of your pregnancy. If you have approval from your doctor, please arrive early to class, check in with your instructor and be prepared to modify your workout.
- How old do you have to be to take class?
- Although our classes are designed for all ages and fitness levels, no children under age 14 are permitted to take class. If you are under 18, you will need a parent-signed waiver to attend class.
- Where do I park?
- Allow ample time for parking, especially for our evening weekday classes. Street parking is available on a limited basis and varies depending on the time of day. Monday through Saturday parking is free before 8 AM and after 7 PM. Sunday parking is free before 1 PM.
If you can’t find nearby street parking, we recommend parking in the following pay parking lots, which are a 5-minute walk from the studio:
We have plenty of bike parking on the street. Public transportation is easy. There is a bus stop on our corner and we’re located a few blocks from the Streetcar and MAX stops. Get specifics on public transportation options.
- REI garage: 1405 NW Johnson Street ($3 evenings and weekends)
- Brewery Blocks garage: NW 12 or 13th between Couch and Davis (2-hour validation for Whole Foods)
- Do you offer beginner’s classes?
- While our classes are team-oriented, motivating, scalable and suitable for all fitness levels and types, we understand that our Lagree Fitness classes can be intimidating. Each month, we offer the Lunge & Learn, a complimentary workshop that will set you up for success at Firebrand. In it, you’ll learn the nuts and bolts of the method, break down the essential exercises and form of the method and discover how to maximize results.
- Can I schedule a private class?
- If you’re rehabbing an injury, would prefer a slowed-down introduction to our class or just desire personal attention, we offer private training, which can be scheduled any time group classes are not in session. Get more info on rates and booking.
- How do I book a private event or team-building?
- First off: High five to you! Great idea. We’ve played host to team-building classes, photo/video/film shoots, corporate retreats, birthday and bachelor(ette) parties and charity fundraisers. Built in 1937 as an automotive garage and located in the heart of the Pearl District, our beautiful flagship studio is updated but still retains that raw, industrial character. And it’s well-equipped for throwing the perfect event. Contact us for more information and rates.
- Do you offer a corporate program?
- Yes, our corporate program provides big benefits to companies and their employees. It encourages workplace wellness, promotes team-building and cultivates company culture – while offering reduced class prices. Contact us for more information.